|Moving Day Checklist
"Opening Doors Since 1985"
- Obtain a change of address kit from your nearest post office:leave a forwarding address, and notify creditors, relatives and friends of your new address.
- Change all subscriptions.
- Disconnect utilities and request a refund of deposit.
- Discontinue route services: newspaper, laundry, etc.
- Close checking and savings accounts at local banks.
- Transfer automobile registration, car title, driver's license, insurance and motor club membership.
- Notify your insurance companies (health, life, fire and automobile) to assure uninterrupted coverage.
- Obtain a letter of introduction from local church, civic organizations, and health club for transfer of membership.
- Consult with your moving company regarding insurance coverage, vacancy clauses, packing and unpacking help, arrival day, necessary shipping papers and payment arrangements.
- Plan use of foods prior to moving to ensure use of frozen foods.
- Service appliances before moving.
- Arrange transportation for your pets.
- Carry cash, jewelry, documents, and other important personal items with you or forward to your new address by registered mail.
- Notify a friend or relative of your travel route including overnight stops in case of an emergency.
- Check all closets, drawers, shelves, crawl-spaces, etc., to make sure nothing is left behind.
- Leave any information pertinent to the sale of your home with the new owner or Realtor.
- Drive safely, and buckle-up.